“Let food be thy medicine.”—Hippocrates
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that good nutrition, adequate sleep and good exercise, provide fuel that promotes your health and mindful productivity at work. And it is also a fact that you are definitely not alone struggling to keep up the healthy lifestyle with good choices.
Everyone loves to party and binge on some delicious foods and drinks. But make sure that you are doing it just the right way. That’s it! We have summed up a list for you as how you can do it without much regret. Read on, folks!
1. If you maintain the correct Carb: Protein: Fat ratio throughout the week, you can eat less calories during the week to compensate for extra calories over the weekend. So, when you consume more calories over the weekend, your body will use the already existing glycogen reserves during the weekdays and top it up.
2. Trying to burn the extra calories through exercise is neither practical nor necessary. (You have to jog for more than 30 minutes to burn the calories in a bowl of ice cream).
3. Binging on Ice cream or fruits after a sumptuous meal is a much bigger problem than weight gain. It is rooted in the Carbohydrate addiction and definitely needs an expert guidance.
4. Exercise before and after partying is required as much for calorie burning as it is required to maintain blood sugar.
5. Weight training on the morning of the party makes the muscles ready to accept the extra calories. Interestingly, this effect lasts for 24 hours.
6. Aerobic exercise on the morning after the party burns the fat besides flooding the blood with feel good hormone called serotonin. But don’t overdo it.
7. If you had too many drinks at the bar, protecting your body from oxidative stress (supplements) should take precedence over burning calories/managing blood glucose levels, otherwise you may end up with alcoholic fatty liver. Note it!
8. If possible, consume vegetable juice, before retiring for the night. It will feed the bacteria in the gut which produce the fatty acids that strengthen the liver. Start the day after the party with a bowl of fruits (not the fruit juice) laced with cream, followed by vegetable juice that’s laced with Soy protein. These antioxidants will fight the oxidative stress created by alcohol.
Voila! You are sorted and for sure, you can get ready for another party next weekend!