Now that the weekend with all that partying is over, it’s time to get back to shape after bingeing. If you have hosted a party at home, you have a double job of putting your home and your body back to shape. If you were a guest or the bingeing happened at a restaurant/resort, you still have the job of getting your body back to shape, which is just like tidying your home after a party. You can limit the weekend damage, by cutting down the calories drastically with the help of following meal schedule. Breakfast: Meal Replacement Supplement (MRS). Lunch: Salad laced with protein and Fit For Life curd. Tea time: Banana Chips with lots of Hummus. Supper: Vegetable khichdi with a serving of animal protein (if possible) or tofu and mushrooms. Bedtime snack: Veg juice and paneer. If you think that the above menu looks bit insipid after all the goodies eaten over the weekend, think of the alternatives to it, some of which are:
- Carry the excess weight for rest of the life and carry it forward to the next meal, day and weekend, which goes to an endless vicious cycle
- Follow the General Motors diet or other diet fads
- Enjoy the Nimboo Pani at some Nature Cure Ashram etc. which generally are very short-term and not sustainable.,
- Insulin: First phase of insulin is produced according to the previous day’s meal. So insulin produced after the MRS breakfast is much more than what is required, so you may feel bit hungry even after breakfast. Suppress this pseudo hunger with water or Afresh.
- Stomach Volume: Large meals over the weekend have expanded the stomach volume. So the small meal cannot stop the hunger hormone (Ghrelin) production. Fill up the stomach with big serving of lettuce and guard salad laced with Fit For life curd and protein.
- Leptin: It is a satiety hormone produced by fat tissue. Low calorie diet reduces this hormone, so the brain doesn’t let you stop eating. Will power is the only answer.