What is a food craving?
Is that delicious tub of ice-cream calling your name at 2 AM?
Do you want to binge on those hot and crispy French fries?
Well, then you already know what exactly a food craving is because 90 percent of the people experience it and is pretty common.
A food craving is an intense desire for a specific food and it can seem uncontrollable, and a person may feel as though they cannot satisfy their hunger until they get that particular food.
Causes of food cravings:
Every individual experiences craving differently, but they are typically transient and often for processed foods that are high in sugar, salt, and unhealthful fats. The possible causes of food cravings are many and we have summed up a few in the list below for you. Give a quick read.
- Lack of sleep
- Less physical activity
- Highly processed foods
- Poor diet
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Certain moods
- Eating context
- A wonky gut
- Low levels of serotonin
- Emotional triggers
- Leptin resistance
- Ghrelin imbalance
Here’s how you can stop cravings:
Food cravings can lead a person to eat foods that have adverse health effects, and they can disrupt efforts to follow a healthful diet. So, it is important to have an eye on your food and control the food cravings.
- Drink lot of water
- Fight stress
- Plan your meals very carefully
- Make sure you get physical exercise every day
- Practice mindful eating
- Get adequate sleep
- Avoid getting extremely hungry by indulging in small healthy snacks
- Make meditation a priority
- Stay away from junk and processed foods
- Start a cravings journal
Do you have to give up your favourites?
So, are you worried that you have to give up your favourite cake, French fries, crispy potato chips and chocolate? Well, fret, not! You don’t have to but try to reduce your cravings and cultivate a healthy and balanced lifestyle. If you think, it is going out of hands, seek professional help, who can put you back in the driver’s seat again with extreme care. All you need to do is find your balance.
Remember – “There is absolutely no rule that eating healthy has to be boring and bland.”
Here’s how we can help you with our service offerings:
- Do you know that the success rate of sustainability of weight loss and the ability to follow the appropriate nutrition plan is as low as 1% ? But we can improve that by using scientific mind and body processes as per your need.
- The major reasons for unsustainable weight loss include emotional eating, cravings, stress eating, binge eating and others. We will help you by identifying the accurate reason for that and your program will be customized to your goals and fitness needs.
Leave a comment